FiEstablished in 1991, RAVIMED Sp. z o.o. is a manufacturer of medical devices and medicinal products. It is also a supplier of laboratory and research services. The manufacturing technology used and most specialised machinery are of our own original design.
The scope of the Plant’s activities includes:
- manufacture of medical devices (containers used in the collection, storage and processing of blood and preservation liquids; individual anti-chemical packages)
- manufacture of medicinal products (auto-injectors for protection against chemical warfare agents and pain) and biocidal products
- laboratory services
- research and development work
The auto-injectors for protection against chemical warfare agents and pain, blood containers and collagen dressings that are currently manufactured by Ravimed have been assigned NATO Stock Numbers (NSN) while the Plant has been given the NATO Commercial and Government Entity (NCAGE) code no. 0793H
In 2003, RAVIMED expanded its offer by adding the provision of laboratory services including the conduct of pharmacokinetic studies of drugs using the latest chemical, mathematical and statistical analysis methods.
Scope of laboratory services provided by the enterprise includes:
- Design and conduct of pharmacokinetic studies.
- Chemical and statistical analysis of the drug residues in tissues (MRL)
- Design of HPLC analytical methods, modification of existing HPLC methods (outsourcing), validation and transfer of methods.
- The scope of the research includes:
- Analysis of bioequivalence and bioavailability of drugs
- Design of HPLC analytical methods
- Validation of analytical methods
- Analysis of drug concentration in biological matrices:
- Calculation of drug pharmacokinetic parameters for all routes of administration regardless of the dosing regimen
- Consultations in the design of drug clinical trials, the development of drug registration documentation, and the optimisation of pharmacokinetics in the preclinical phase.
In 1999, RAVIMED introduced and implemented a quality management system. It is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified and its medical devices bear the CE European Safety Certificate.
The medicinal products are manufactured in accordance with the requirements of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and the laboratory services are provided in accordance with the principles of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
Products are exported to more than 30 countries (exports account for about 75% of the company’s total production volume).
The company has received the following awards in recognition of its business:
- the prestigious Economic Award of the President of the Republic of Poland for the “Best Small Enterprise in Poland” in 1999,
- the Award of the Minister of the Environment for outstanding creative achievements in the field of environmental protection in 2000,
- the Medal of the Polish Success Academy (June 2003) for export performance,
- the “Gazele Biznesu” (Business Gazelles) award for the most dynamically growing companies in 2007,
- membership of the European Parliament of Enterprises since 2008,
- being the Poland’s sole representative in the 1st European Small Medium Enterprises Week 2009,
- the “Gazele Biznesu” (Business Gazelles) award for the most dynamically growing companies in 2014.
Since the beginning of its activity, the company has been involved in charitable and social activities, providing financial support to a number of organisations and associations.